As homebrewer and designer teams begin creating their beer and label submissions, consider the following: How will the label compliment the craft beer? What is the story behind your beer label? What sets your beer and label pairing apart from the rest? How will your overall presentation reflect the uniqueness and the story of the pairing?
The jury will select which submissions qualify for prizes based on the following key criteria:
• Pairing: How well the logo or mark created matches the homebrewed craft beer
• Creativity: Original design and execution for both the design and beer aspect
• Presentation: Clean, crisp packaging and condition of finalized beer and label
This competition is open to all Wisconsin homebrewers, designers, illustrators, creatives and community members age 21 or over.
Each team of two (homebrewer + designer) will need to submit:
• One craft beer label (size may vary, template available for download here)
• Bottles or small keg of homebrewed craft beer for sampling at event
There is a $10 entry fee per submission. There is no entry limit, but participants must submit one form and registration per entry. All eligible entries will be posted on the event website. All submissions (both beer and design) must be created specifically for this competition and may not be reused, recycled or recreated from other sources. Members of a select jury will decide which beer-label pairing will qualify for prizes.
Not sure how to get started? Here’s a breakdown of steps to take in preparation:
• Pair up with homebrewer / designer and decide on direction for beer & label
• Create custom label (template available here) and submit online by June 6th
• Prepare homebrewed beer (bottled or kegged) and bring to final event on June 13th
• Complete online registration form, upload entry and pay entry fee (under submissions)
• Bring craft beer to final Home Brewed event and sample other entries & view labels
All entries must be submitted by Thursday, June 6th, 2013. Winning entries will be announced and awarded at the final event Thursday, June 13th, 2013. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting work to the competition, the entrant acknowledges the right of AIGA Wisconsin to use accepted work for reproduction in competitions-related publications; on its website; in the ensuing exhibition of the competitions’ selections; and for educational and AIGA-related promotional purposes.